Here are some alternatives – in one way or another – to SAFENet by MaidSafe:
- Bitcache (by Kim Dotcom) – uses bitcoin
- “BramCoin” – Bram Cohen’s new cryptocurrency project (no name or Web site yet)
- Burst – NXT-based, own coin with “smart contracts”
- Freenet – no coin
- IPFS (native or Keybase version) – no coin yet
- Maelstrom – no coin, according to Bram Cohen the management messed it up
- SiaCoin – own coin with smart contracts
- Storj.io – own coin (started with bitcoin, recently switched to Ethereum)
- Tahoe-LAFS – no coin
- ZeroNet – no coin
These projects allow you to publish and share information in a fairly unrestricted, secure and anonymous way. Of course, the degree to which they do these things varies.
I don’t endorse, like or prefer any of these. Do your own research.